Are you a veteran, reservist, active-duty personnel, or surviving spouse of a veteran? You can apply for a Veterans Administration Loan with HomeTown Lenders. Take advantage of your right to apply for a VA Loan to get into your new home or refinance your current loan! A VA Loan is designed to offer long-term financing to veterans. VA mortgage loans are issued by federally qualified lenders and are guaranteed by the U.S. Veterans Administration. The VA determines eligibility and issues a certificate to qualifying applicants to submit to their mortgage lender of choice. It is generally easier to qualify for a VA loan than conventional loans. HomeTown Lenders is a VA approved lender with branches located in various states in the U.S. The Houston-ClearLake Branch serves surrounding areas including, but limited to: The Woodlands, Humble, Atascocita, Baytown, Cypress, Katy, Sugar Land, Pearland, League City, Friendswood, and all of Texas and Louisiana.
What is a VA Loan?
The GI Bill of Rights (CFR Title 38) provides veterans with a federally guaranteed mortgage with no down payment. VA Home Loans are made by many private lenders, such as banks, savings and loans, or mortgage companies.
Benefits of VA Loans
There are many benefits to VA Loans.
- Up to 100% financing, little to no down payment required, and competitive interest rates
- Borrowers do not have to pay for private mortgage insurance
- Available to veterans, reservists, active-duty personnel, and surviving spouses of veterans, based on military entitlement
- No down payment.*
- No cash reserves.
- No application fee.
- No monthly mortgage insurance premiums.
- VA funding fee may be financed.
- Seller can pay certain closing costs thus decreasing the closing costs for the borrower.
- May pay off some consumer debt with the refinance loan program.**
- 1-4 unit primary residences with restrictions.
- VA assistance to veterans in default.
*Up to 100% financing (based on VA lending limits) may be available for purchase loans and up to 90% for cash-out refinances. Gift funds or bond programs for closing cost assistance are allowed.
**Please consult your financial advisor about the consolidation of short term debt into long term debt.
VA Loan Eligibility
VA Loans are available to active duty military, veterans, reservists and military spouses. Some of the things needed for your loan application are your social security number and employment history. Your length of service or service, duty status and character of service determine your eligibility for specific home benefits.
VA Loans FAQ
Do you have any of the following questions? I can help answer these questions about VA Loans, and more!
- What is the maximum sales price I can purchase with no down payment?
- What type of property can I purchase?
- Are VA loans assumable?
- How can I obtain a Certificate of Eligibility?
- What if my spouse is overseas or at a duty station when the loan closes?
- How long will it take to close my VA loan?
- What if I have used my eligibility before?
- Is VA Financing the best home loan option?
VA Loan Limits
Different counties have different limits on how much you can borrow for a VA Loan.
Get Pre-Approved for a VA Loan
If you are a veteran in Houston-ClearLake, The Woodlands, Humble, Atascocita, Baytown, Cypress, Katy, Sugar Land, Pearland, League City, Friendswood, or anywhere in Texas or Louisiana contact LaVerne with HomeTown Lenders at (832) 353-3966 for more information, or simply fill out the form on this page.**
** Products, Programs and Guidelines subject to change with notice.